Hope Heroes Course: A Framework for Sharing Hope with the Brokenhearted
A Hope Hero is an ordinary person who courageously puts aside their own personal discomfort with grief. Armed with empathy and compassion, they choose to hear, see, and love a grieving soul.
Who is this book for?
- to ease the burden of loss for the GRIEVER
- to equip their FRIENDS to be effective grief companions
“God promises to recycle your pain for His good purpose as you participate.”
Five Sessions the author shares:
- You’re not going crazy. You’re grieving. There is a difference.
- Hurtful things will be said. Choose to forgive… from a distance if necessary.
- People who think grief has a timeline have never suffered a profound loss. Take all the time you need.
- Grief will change you. Grief will reveal you.
- Hope Heroes are priceless. Find one. Be one.
Kind words from readers to the author:
“This is the finest book on grief I have ever read. It is not only easy to read and concise, but offers practical insights. It is an essential reference for anyone.”
“Beginning to end, your book really spoke to me. You encouraged me to be more present with my grieving friends.”
“I just devoured your book from cover to cover. It was so helpful, deeply moving and inspiring.”
12 individual grief stories which include candid responses to what the bereaved find helpful or not. (49 min.)
Loss of Spouse – 3 stories (20 min.)
Loss of a Child – 3 stories (14 min.)
Calgary Police Service - Death Notification Course
Course instructor, Sergeant Andy Woodward, is meeting a need for officers in Canada to be better equipped in a death notification. The course is open to emergency service personnel.